- This policy applies to Accelerated Connections and its affiliates, which are referred to here collectively as ACI. At ACI the security and integrity of our customers’ personal information is important to us. We take every reasonable measure necessary to protect the privacy of our customers while providing the high quality of communication services they expect.
- ACI privacy practices are in accordance with all federal and provincial laws and regulations. We are compliant with applicable laws and where applicable with the privacy rules established by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC).
- ACI has in place privacy and security practices to safeguard our customers’ personal information. These practices are reviewed, and if necessary revised, on a regular basis.
- Personal information collected by ACI is information about an identifiable individual that may include such information as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, financial information, birth date and any recorded complaints.
- At ACI, we collect customer information for one or more of the following purposes: To provide a positive customer experience, and deliver, bill for, and collect payment for products and services; To understand customer requirements and make information available regarding products and services offered by ACI and its agents, dealers and related companies; To manage and develop ACI business and operations; To meet legal and regulatory requirements; and To obtain credit information or provide it to others.
- ACI does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. ACI retains personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- ACI informs customers of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information upon request and gives them access to their information.
- ACI ensures that customer information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Customers can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and request amendments as appropriate.
- ACI companies share information with other ACI companies or their agents and authorized dealers, in order to offer customers products and services that they may find attractive. Notices on sharing information are contained in each company’s application forms, invoices and web sites. If customers do not want to be marketed with these products and services, they can contact ACI (see How to Contact ACI below).
A senior company officer has been appointed as the Privacy Officer at ACI. The Privacy Officer is accountable for all personal information at ACI. You may contact the Privacy Officer by mail at:
Chief Privacy Officer, Accelerated Connections, 155 Wellington St W, Suite 3740,Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3H1.
Customers that wish to:
Obtain more information about ACI Commitment to Privacy; access, or obtain more information about, their personal information held by ACI; or make a privacy-related complaint; may contact an ACI customer service representative who, if necessary, will refer the customer to the ACI Privacy Officer. You can contact an ACI customer service representative at 1-416-637-3432.